There has been a lot of interest in involving the talented cadre of in-house counsel into the pro bono volunteering world, and in recent years, tremendous momentum has been gathering. In the spirit of the upcoming 7th Annual National Pro Bono Week, please join this one-hour briefing to learn more about the art of making the match.
Topics to be addressed in this free briefing include:
- The experience of in-house counsel compared to law firm attorneys, and strategies to overcome concerns like time constraints, or lack of experience and resources;
- Insight about the rewards of engaging in pro bono work and examples of successful in-house counsel volunteering programs and experiences;
- A legal services organizational insight into engaging this community; and
- Pathways to pro bono – volunteer opportunities and the tools available to help identify the right opportunity for you and to help you sustain your pro bono momentum.
We welcome all in-house counsel interested in pro bono. Whether you are part of a small or large in-house department, with or without a formal pro bono program, a novice or experienced volunteer, we encourage you to attend. Legal services organizations that are interested in engaging this important group of volunteers are also welcome.
- Beth Henderson, Attorney and Chair of Pro Bono Steering Committee, Microsoft Corporation
- Rachel Epps Spears, Executive Director, Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
- Carol H. Bockner, Director, Pro Bono Initiatives, City Bar Justice Center, NYC Bar Association
- Niki De Mel, Pro Bono and Special Initiatives Coordinator, Pro Bono Net
PLI is a Bronze level sponsor of Pro Bono Net. For more information or to register for the event follow Click Here, or copy and paste into your browser: http://bit.ly/1LCwISP